Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Last Peds Clinical

Yep, today was our last peds clinical day. I took it easy today, and spent a lot of time playing with the (jaundiced) baby I was assigned to. There wasn't much going on on the unit, and I was assigned to an RN/LPN team that only had 4 kiddos, so things were breezy. I like charting and feeling like I actually should be doing it rather than that feeling I used to have that I was an interloper. Other students stopped in to see my patient - he was cute, but that scary yellow color...

I spent some time today updating my links. I am going to make another graphic to divide the links between nursing links and docs or other medical people. I know I have a bunch of nursing links already, but there are about 20 more that I need to put up. I've found tons of other bloggers out there - this is really neat! If I've linked to you, make sure to link back to me so that we're all connected. Once I get the blogring going, it will be even easier. :)



(Stolen from YorKoi.com)
Posted by HypnoKitten at 12:58 AM
9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:29 AM  

Thanks for the link!!!!

Blogger The new Third Degree Nurse, at 8:57 AM  

We ARE all connected. And thank God for hearing the realities and truths coming from real live soon-to-be nurses.

Congratulations on your soon to be pinning! I'm about to step into your shoes and start clinicals in the fall.

Blogger Unknown, at 6:19 PM  

You have GOT to tell me how you did this to your blog!! I've been trying to play with mine and can't figure it out.. Thanks for the link and I will put it up tomorrow. Congrats on your upcoming pinning.. You will never forget that feeling...

Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:46 PM  

Hi Mediblogopathist,

I'm doing a story for NurseWeek magazine on nursing blogs...would love to talk to you about your site...contact is janetwells1@yahoo.com

Thanks! Janet

Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:28 PM  

Hey there! You're getting closer and closer to your pinning! Can you feel the excitement? Mine is this Sunday. Good luck with the rest of your semester. I made sure to put a link on my website (www.largemarj.com) to your blog. Keep it up and take care...
Marjorie - The Neurotic Nursing Student Soon-To-Be-RN!

Blogger may, at 2:45 PM  

congratulations on your coming pinning! i didn't study nursing here in the US, so this could be a stupid question. we had our pinning after our sophomore year. is that the same with you, or you do it when you are graduating? thanks for your thoughts on the scrubs/white uniform dilemma.

Blogger Harleydreamer, at 4:52 AM  

You wrote to my blog yesterday about trading links, I don't have a problem linking to a site or being part of a site like yours.

Blogger may, at 10:41 AM  

i'll just correct my aging, thus getting forgetful self. we had our pinning on our senior year. capping was on the sophomore year. sorry for the confusion.

Blogger HypnoKitten, at 5:22 PM  

May - Sorry I didn't get a response to you... We don't have capping at all, just the pinning part. What country did you go to nursing school in?

Third Degree Nurse- I'm glad you're getting to start soon, believe me, before you know it - it's OVER!

NPs Save Lives- I have a link up on the sidebar to where I got the very basic template for this design. I fiddled around with the HTML and changed the pics to something I liked. If you know how to make and save the pics to the proper size, then just copy this source if you like it and insert your own art and links. I don't mind. Fiddle around with it, or go get one of the templates that you like more. I liked this one because of the static picture in the background. If you need help, let me know from there...just wait until after the NCLEX! :) lol

Margorie- Congrats! How was it? I bet you're so relieved! Now on to actually doing it - keep us posted on your employment.

emjc- Nice to hear from you, and welcome!

everyone - Did you notice I'm getting interviewed for NurseWeek? How cool is that?!!

Post a Comment