Sunday, May 29, 2005

Still More Links

I went to work my shift in the CCU today, not much happened. We had a very low census of not-quite-so-sick people. Four of them got transferred out by the end of the shift, and only one more had come in by then. I had a CNA student following me today. I think students are pretty fun, and it sort of surprises me to have one (my own RN clinical experiences fresh in my memory). The nurses share my excitement that graduation is so soon.

After I came home and showered up, I took a nap and then my hubby took me and the kiddo to Denny's for dinner. I thought about kicking my feet up for a while when I got home, but I couldn't find anything that I wanted to watch on the tube, so I put up a few more links. Some of these blogs make you sign in to leave a comment, so I didn't let them know I'm linking up to them. Why do some of the blog services do that? Is it so important for them to collect information from every single person that comments? I've heard a few people post bad things about blogger, but I've had absolutely no problem with it at this point (probably just jinxed myself...)

New Additions to NurseBlogs:

Nurse William

Bloggerina

Diary of a Nursing Student 2

Fructus Ventris

Nurse Ratchett’s Alter Ego

PunkClown Daze

Tales of an Aspiring Nightingale

Scott Chisholm Lamont, RN

LoveSex&TrustNoOne


Enjoy your weekend - I've got work tomorrow, but the whole family has Monday off!
Posted by HypnoKitten at 12:19 AM
5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  

Hi, Lambchop here -

I have to have commenters registered because we have a terrible, terrible problem with comment and trackback spam. I think Blogger blocks it before you ever see it, but we run on Manila and have to deal with it the best way we can, which is to require membership or registration.

I tried to open comments a few months ago, as did my brother with another Manila site on the same server. In less than 30 minutes, we saw more than 100 spam links divided between two or three comment fields in each blog. More than 200 spam links in less than half an hour. It's ugly and embarrassing, and unfortunately the only way to kill it is to require registration. Membership doesn't kill trackback spam, but since I don't have one of those 'sites who linked here in the past 3 days' modules, I'm the only one who sees their crap and it doesn't take up bandwidth.

Sorry it's inconvenient, but my blog is run on a private server, and we can't afford to spend our bandwidth on comment spammers. That's why people require registration. As with all good things, spammers are trying to ruin it for the rest of us. (Sigh.)

If you'll send me your name and email address via the 'contact' link on my blog, I'll add you as a member so you can join in. You can watch me and my brother argue with each other. ;-) It ain't lively, but it's spam-free.

Blogger Cameron Stephen, at 4:53 AM  

Hey HypnoKitten! Thanks for your visit, comments and link to me. When I am less brain-dead I shall peruse your blog more thoroughly, but I have enjoyed what I have read so far! Have a wonderful graduation.

Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:22 AM  

wow - you have one of the best nursing blogrolls i've seen! didn't know there were so many... good luck with graduation, i think the countdown is really neat!

Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:30 PM  

Hi - thanks for the comment on my site and the link. I will post a link back (as soon as I have a little free time). Enjoyed your site, and you have a great blogroll. I'll have to spend some time following your many links.

Have a great week, and enjoy your pinning! It's been many years, but I still remember mine.

Blogger HypnoKitten, at 2:08 PM  

Delia: You aren't the only one - there were two or three just on this new list that I can't post to. I'm sure they'll figure out they're linked up sooner or later :). I'm glad Blogger is doing whatever it is, because I have never gotten a spam comment, and I'm glad about that! I can't imagine the time I'd have to spend on this project if I had to edit comments also... :P

PunkClown: Thanks for stopping by! I think your photos and your blog are very nicely done, and plan on stopping by often to see what you've got up.

Dr. Charles: I'm glad you like it. I'm thinking of starting a docblogs once I've gotten as far as I can in the search for nurses. Your blog has always been a fave.

Scott: I hope you keep posting - you've got quite an interesting career, and I for one would love to read more about what you're doing.

Post a Comment