Wednesday, July 27, 2005

New Activity!

I'm happy to announce that a few of the blogs that had not had posts in a while have now got something new. I'm going to move them back up into their categories this afternoon.

Adventures in Nursing
ImpactED Nurse
The Angel of Life (Portugal)
DanaSaur has a nice new format that seems to work with IE.
Hellooo Nurse is now Oriented x1 and also has a new design.


Now that blogrolling seems to be working the way it is supposed to (it still misses some posts) I'm going to go ahead and pay the $20 a year to have more than one blogroll. I'd like to see the student and pre-req categories with 'new' markers when there are new posts.

I know I said I was going to change some of the graphics, but I'm actually going to go ahead and spend some money to get a professional to design a template for me. It will probably be similar to what I've got now, but with a better design/layout and viewable properly with all browsers. I think it probably only works properly with IE right now. I'm going to have to get that fixed!
Posted by HypnoKitten at 12:04 PM
4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM  

Thanks for reminding me to blog! Between school, clinical, and work, I kinda abandoned my blog... btw -- both bloggerina.com and nightingale.fierceblogs.com are written by me... one was supposed to be a nursing blog and the other is a general blog about my life, and somehow they kinda fused! Your graduation has truly been an inspiration to me (light at the end of the tunnel, that kind of inspiration). So thank you.

Haemi

www.bloggerina.com
nightingale.fierceblogs.com

Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 AM  

Now that I'm done with school, I'm thinking about moving my blog from Blurty to Blogger. What do you think???

Blogger HypnoKitten, at 11:44 PM  

Sassy: yeah, I did notice that! It looks really good. Part of my inspiration to use a designer has been the fact that so many people are re-vamping their layouts. I wanna makeover too! :) Now I've just got to wait for them to reply to me - maybe Monday?

Haemi - I didn't know they were both by you. I'm finding out that nursing sort of becomes your life at a point. Especially when you're in school. I'll have to wait and see if I've got a life when I'm working full-time. I doubt it... lol Thanks for saying my graduation inspired you. It really feels SO GOOD when its over. I mean, its indescribable how awesome it feels to have it behind me!!

Marj - I like Blogger personally. It was my first choice, not knowing any better, and it has worked out well because it's pretty easy to use. Also, just about anything that's made for blogs (templates, etc.) can be used with blogger. I don't like MSN spaces or Livejournal just because of the look of the thing, plus some of them make you have ads on your blog. Dang, if I want ads, I want to be the one to put them there! :P

Blogger Unknown, at 9:24 PM  

I wonder why my site doesn't show new posts? Strange... I like your layout but I'm sure that whatever you do to it, it will be way cool!

Post a Comment