Sunday, November 20, 2005

Last Week

I don't know what to post - I just haven't been feeling my usual chipper self.

I have to look for a new position because I resigned from the unit I went through residency on. It wasn't what I thought it would be. Even though I was miserable there and know this will be a change for the better, I still feel like I let myself down.

My husband knows how I was feeling and he supports me completely, which helps a whole lot. I saved almost all of the money I've made in the past few months, and paid off all of my old bills and credit cards (which didn't amount to much) already, so I'm sitting in a much better position to be unemployed for a few weeks than I was when I graduated.

I don't know what I'm looking for right now, and I guess that makes me saddest of all.

It's like I was taking a train ride to New York, and right at the very end of the trip there's a roadblock, and someone says "Well, stay here in Jersey - it's practically the same thing!" It isn't.
Posted by HypnoKitten at 11:28 AM
3 Comments:

Blogger shrimplate, at 9:21 AM  

Best of luck with the job search, and I hope it does not take too long for you to find something that you really like.

I must add that your blogroll is very impressive. I always find yet another little treasure there.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Blogger UnsinkableMB, at 8:50 AM  

HK - I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out with your first nursing job. I've had friends who felt the same way and have found new positions. (It didn't take them long.) Honestly, I think sometimes it's the luck of the draw. I'm sure you learned something from the experience. If anything, you now know what to ask during your upcoming job interviews. Don't forget, you're interviewing THEM as much as they are you! (Remember, I used to be a recruiter...)

Hang in there!

~marj

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"..., at 11:39 AM  

Sorry to hear of the stress with leaving the position. I hope that you will have a chance to just breathe and find something you really can enjoy and feel comfortable in!

Hh

Post a Comment