Wednesday, December 14, 2005

An Awesome Interview

I had a great interview today and I was told by one of the interviewers that I did "excellent" on it. That makes me feel so much better! I guess I get a bit down in the dumps when I'm not working, and being Christmas I was feeling nervous about buying gifts (although we've always been a family that just goes for the basics). Can you believe this job actually pays better and has better hours and much better benefits than the place I was working before? Cooooool!

The interview was a little different than anything I've ever been to. Three nurse managers sat me down and asked me questions from a sheet and graded me on the answers. It was sometimes stressful, but I also had them ROFL with some of my weird sense of humor like at the end: "If we hire you, when would you be able to start?" and I looked at my watch with a look on my face that was like "give me 5 minutes to be ready". I guess you had to be there it doesn't sound as funny when I type it, but truly - they were laughing big time...

I think they liked me a bunch, and I feel like I would fit in very well with them. One of my references told me they called her pretty much right after the interview, and after she told them her opinion of me the lady told her that they were "very interested" in hiring me. So now I wait until all of my references and background checks are done, and maybe I will actually have to work Christmas! OMG!

I'm going out to party tomorrow night when my friend has the night off. We're going to do karaoke and stay up late. I can't wait!

Also - under the heading of "All is right in the world": They have a new Almond Roca called Candy Cane Roca and it ROCKS. If you've got a Bartell Drugs near you, they have it.

Posted by HypnoKitten at 10:35 PM
4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 AM  

I'M SOOOO glad your interview went well!!! yep there is ALWAYS better out there it's just finding it that's the problem. you crack me up, like you had your scrubs in a bag or something, haha. can't wait til you hear the news!!

Blogger UnsinkableMB, at 4:17 PM  

Good for you! I'm glad your interview went well. Can't wiat to hear what happens! Take care... marj

Blogger Unknown, at 6:33 PM  

Hang in there! I'm also waiting on the results of an interview... Maybe they will see the diamond in the rough that they have!! We'll see...

Blogger HypnoKitten, at 10:21 PM  

wooo hooo! I've got good results! New post on the new job! :)

Thanks for all of the good wishes!!

*dancing*

-HK

Post a Comment