Saturday, December 17, 2005

New Job !!

I have been offered that job I told you I applied for! I'm so excited!

It's with The County, and the pay is actually $2/hr more than I was getting in the hospital - and the shift differentials are the same or better. The pay is also going up for all RNs at the beginning of 2006, so they tell me I'll actually be getting a raise like a week after I start. They like to start people on the 1st or the 15th of the month, which is ok with me and I hope we get everything done in time for me to start on the 1st. Benefits are awesome. Retirement is on the state plan, plus they have another plan if you want to add on to that. I'll be working in a building that's about 6 years old and really nice inside. The people I met there all love the job. Dress code is whatever you want to wear (scrubs, jeans and a t-shirt or whatever) plus a white lab coat over it. They supply the lab coats, although I think you can bring your own if you want. There are a whole bunch of neat things about this job, but I'll let you know more when I know more about it myself. I've asked for a job shadow day in each of their facilities (there are 2) so that I understand what I'm getting myself into, get to know some of the other nursing staff, and see how the place is run. From what I've seen so far and the attitudes of the staff I've met, I think it's going to be great!

--------------------------------------

I want to post a picture of my tree. Liz over at A Nurse with a Little Bit of Attitude has a picture of her very beautiful tree and I was inspired! My tree is much different than hers, though. I like the sparkly rock-candy look and I've got large gem-tone bulbs and a string or two of the small white ones. My daughter forgot to put on my favorite glass beads before she hung all of the ornaments, and I was too lazy to re-do the entire tree, so maybe next year. We have the Official Brick Fireplace of Christmas, but I haven't got my swag things or stockings up, so you might get pictures of that later.



Julie from Life in the NHS posted a picture of her tree, and Milliner's Dream has a picture of what a naughty cat on a mission can do to a tree. If you've posted a picture of your Christmas decorations and I missed them, leave a link in the comments so we can go look!

Added: Here's Tara's tree from Tales of An RN up North!
Posted by HypnoKitten at 10:41 PM
4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:35 AM  

congratulations - hopefully a perfect christmas present

Blogger Kim, at 9:54 PM  

Congrats on the new job!
And Merry Christmas!

Blogger genderist, at 5:24 PM  

Congrats! I hope it's everything you want it to be -- and more.

Blogger HypnoKitten, at 6:22 PM  

Thanks guys, I hope it turns out to be as good as it sounds, too!

They're being really nice - the manager said she wanted to start me on the 29th so that my insurance/medical etc. started on the 1st of Jan.

Post a Comment