Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Where's the Beef?

For Valentine's dinner hubby took me to an Indian restaurant we haven't been to before. I love anything named "chana" with the chickpeas (garbanzos) in it, and had a wonderful spicy masala dish with puffy poori (or puri) bread to scoop it up. We didn't know it was all vegetarian before we went and hubby had to 'suffer' through cauliflower curry and rice. After we got in the truck to go home he told me "We're never going there again! No meat!!" . LoL! Poor man... ;)

I suppose I could be telling you all sorts of other mundane bits about my life. I mean, I'm just bumming around the house until Thursday, why not? Ok so here are some things you may not have known about me but didn't care to ask:

We have a fish tank with a bunch of cute little fish in it. Sometimes it's more interesting to watch them than TV. I have had cats and dogs in my life and I guess I'm a little bit more of a cat person, but once we get a larger house I'd also like a German Shepard. My last kitty left home about a year and a half ago and we searched and never found her. She was fixed and tagged, and I guess part of me is ready to admit she's probably not coming home. I'll get a kitty again after we move.

If I do watch TV I like House, Medium, and King of the Hill. Hank and the hubby are similar enough it's uncanny (except hubby doesn't watch sports or have a narrow urethra). It's so funny! We have My DVR from Comcast (like Tivo) and I use it so I can watch the shows I like when I want minus the commercials. Highly reccommended.

I still have my old truck (well, sort of like that...) and haven't traded it in for a newer model now that I'm actually an RN. Hubby's being sweet and saying I can get a Jeep Commander (He's got a Wrangler) and I would go for that except I'm too much of a chicken to take on a huge car payment! What I've decided to do is find a local 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer with low miles and drive that for a few years until the commanders are a few years old. If you follow the last link to the Grand Wagoneer you'll see the most beautiful one that just sold on Ebay. Pristine! Way cool - I didn't know they made those things all the way up to 1991. So now I'm an FSJ fan!

I love games - video games, board games you name it. Scattergories, Win Lose or Draw, Taboo and Cranium are some of my favorite board games. For the PC I like things like Warcraft, Diablo, Morrowind, and my new diversion Sacred. If I ever get a chance to play the PS2 I like Call of Duty, Ratchet and Clank, and the LOTR series. I jut bought Dance Dance Revolution and it's hilarious because hubby and I have been playing it as much as my daughter!

I'm a thrift store/garage sale fan and I've probably bought more stuff used in my life than new. I used to sell on Ebay and did it up until nursing school started. I still have boxes of things in the basement specifically for sale on Ebay. I believe I've got a good eye for what's going to sell and manage to do pretty well when I devote the time and energy to it. Strangely, I hate clutter and knick-nacks myself. The only things I can say I collect are books on spirituality and hypnotherapy and two "caboodles" worth of fine vintage costume jewelry (all of it sparkly and stunning) that I do wear when the occasion presents itself. Note: these are not actually pictures of pieces I have, but sort of represent what I like. I have never paid full price and only add to my collection from garage sales and the occasional foolish thrift store.

Alrighty - time for bed. Thats probably as much trivia about me as anyone can handle in one sitting!! :)


Posted by HypnoKitten at 11:52 PM
5 Comments:

Blogger Kim, at 3:44 PM  

Oh man, I was going to tell you I'd bid on that blue set it you put it on eBay! LOL

Blogger HypnoKitten, at 8:01 PM  

You want it? I snagged it from there when I looked for a pic sort of representative of what I love.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8904135967&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

At $30 it's probably a fraction of what it's going to end up going for, but already out of my league. Part of my collecting rule is that I've got to practically steal it!!

But I am watching it in My Ebay... lol! I rarely look around in that section except to find retail values for things I've bought. I know there's too much stuff there that I'm tempted by!

Blogger Unknown, at 1:25 PM  

Nice blue necklace!! I like to watch House as well.. I also like Scrubs!! It makes me laugh...

Blogger HypnoKitten, at 9:18 PM  

The blue necklace went for $202. I'm not surprised. The good stuff can get pricey, but I'm also glad I know how to pick a winner... :)

I watched Scrubs a couple of times, and it is pretty funny. I've just started watching the last three episodes of Grey's Anatomy, and that's a good drama, but as usual the medical stuff is rather unlikely. I don't think I like medical-type shows any more than others, but they seem to be everywhere and as far as drama goes anymore it's either that or cops and lawyers. At least with the medical shows I can get a laugh out of "what's wrong with this scene" right along with the gripping plot! ;)

Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:33 PM  

I had thos poori in an Indian in New Haven, CT once many years ago, and have never seen them in any restuarant in the UK. I liked them.

Curry is good, it's the new nationsl dish over here - much better than fish and chips!

Post a Comment