Saturday, March 04, 2006

Join the Community!

The NurseBlogs community is growing so fast I can hardly keep up with it! I remember when I started there seemed to be about 8 blogs written by nurses with reciprocal links. Now, that's not to say that many of you haven't been blogging for longer, but the group seemed much smaller then.

I used to check to see who was linking to me by googling Mediblogopathy, but at this point there are so many it's a bit hard to sort through. This should make it really simple! Just post a comment with a link to the blog you'd like me to blogroll - I'll check it out and decide which category it should go into, and it's done! Comments go directly to my email address.

Also, if there is an awesome link out there that tells a great story, or is something that you think nurses or student nurses would really get a kick out of, by all means let me know. I'd like to continue building my "links for students" which is basically a list of great places to go to get clinical-type educational information and online quizzes.

If you are a business and would like to do a "link exchange" post it here also, but keep in mind I don't really like the idea much. I will review those particular comments and delete them if I don't feel they are what I'm looking for.

Please put the full address of the blog even if you don't know how to make a link. Thanks for helping build our NurseBlogs community! :)
Posted by HypnoKitten at 5:51 PM
6 Comments:

Blogger SVN, prn, at 9:31 AM  

I can understand your limited availability to create massive links but I am a bit confused.

As a student LVN I am welcomed ..but as soon as I am licensed as an LVN and change my blog I am no longer welcomed.

I now see why the heirarchy is alive and well in the medical field. Just so you know LEGALLY I am allowed to call myself a 'Nurse' as a LVN.

I hesitated to post my comment but I feel it is important for you to know how that makes some of us feel. WE (meaning us Nurses) are all part of a TEAM.

Please re-think your decision.

(note: in California LVN is the same as LPN is in other states)

Blogger HypnoKitten, at 9:52 AM  

I think you've got me wrong. I put your link up back when I had a lot less links - now they scroll down the page and there are about 200 of them.

I will always keep the LPNs and student LPNs that I have now. This has nothing to do with the fact that you can call yourself a nurse or your legal status. It's only a question of space. It's likely that by the time you graduate I'll have in place my plan to start accepting not only LPNs but CNAs! I think that will be very cool. I do think I mentioned this plan in my post and that I would accept them in the future.

The reason I don't want to accept more now is ONLY because of space limitations and the fact that I do have a plan to list those blogs in their own categories. I don't want to get them mixed together now.

I hope you noticed I have now paid for a membership to blogrolling just so that I can multiple rolls and have the "NEW" button on the student nurse links also, letting folks know when there are new posts. Geek Nurse designed a new template for me to use that will make the blog more professional. Mediblogopathy is still evolving.

I wish you had hesitated longer to post your comment. There is no heirarchy here, just 'lil 'ol me trying to do the best I can to make a resource the entire nursing profession can use - including LPNs.

Blogger mary, at 6:40 AM  

Would you consider adding my blog? I'm a nurse case manager, see me at: http://moteguardian.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the long list there on the left...it's keeping me interested for hours. What a diverse lot we are!

mary

Blogger Betsy B., at 7:21 AM  

Would you consider adding my blog? I'm interested in writing more about my life at the hospital, but also about life on the East coast, and all things epicurean. Thanks!! betsyb.blogspot.com

Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 PM  

I'm enjoying your site.

I'm an ER nurse in Canada and I have a personal blog where I write about a variety of topics. Some are nursing related. I was wondering if I might be added to your blogroll?

Blogger Not Nurse Ratched, at 6:52 AM  

I'd love to have my nursing student blog added to your list: it's Not Nurse Ratched's Blog at http://notratched.blogspot.com/. Fab site!

Post a Comment