Sunday, March 05, 2006

Nurse's Stress Prevention Diet

This diet is designed to help you cope with the stress that builds during the course of the day.

BREAKFAST
1/2 grapefruit
1 slice of whole wheat toast
8 oz. skim milk

LUNCH
4 oz lean broiled chicken breast
1 cup steamed spinach
1 cup herbal tea
1 Oreo cookie

AFTER LUNCH PICK-ME-UP
1 Venti quad-shot lowfat white chocolate mocha from the stand in the lobby.

MID-AFTERNOON SNACK
Rest of Oreos in pack
2 pints Haagen Daz ice cream
1 jar hot fudge sauce
nuts, cherries, whipped cream

DINNER
2 loaves garlic bread with cheese
large sausage & cheese pizza
1 large pitcher beer
3 Milky Way candy bars

LATE EVENING NEWS
Entire frozen Sara Lee cheesecake eaten directly from the freezer.
Posted by HypnoKitten at 8:34 PM
10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown, at 5:08 AM  

I skip breakfast and go directly to the ice cream and cheesecake!!

Blogger julie anna, at 10:08 AM  

I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for linking to me!

Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:28 PM  

I took this to my appointment with my Oncologist yesterday and she almost choked when she got to the entire package. She then ran out of the room and gave it to another Dr. Her nurse walked in a bit later and I gave her copies (because the Dr loses hers) and while I was getting interviewed (pain, stool, etc) the nurse gaffawed and almost fell off the trashcan she usually sits on, and apologized for being unprofessional. I think it has spread throughout the Cancer Treatment and Research Center by now. I enjoy your blog (and other nurses blogs too).

Blogger may, at 4:48 PM  

i'll save space in my tummy for the late evening news

Blogger genderist, at 4:56 PM  

This is one of those laugh-out-loud funnies...

Blogger heidi, at 2:13 PM  

haha that is so funny... i would add to that on your five minute break one of those tall calorie filled blended coffees from the espresso stand in the lobby.

Blogger HypnoKitten, at 8:45 PM  

Thanks for the suggestion, H. I aim to please... ;)

Blogger heidi, at 2:05 PM  

"lowfat" - lol. venti! let's hope you take bathroom breaks.

Blogger Kim, at 7:35 PM  

Hey! You forgot the two "add-shots"in the coffee! LOL!

Besides, cheesecake contains the five good groups: dextrose, fructose, glucose, lactose and maltose!

Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"..., at 7:42 PM  

This is so funny--especially after my first two days of clinical for the quarter with another tomorrow...

Hh

Post a Comment