Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Our patient swallowed a AA battery from her toothbrush in some sort of suicide attempt and was taken to the ER. Because of a negative reaction to anesthesia, doctors decided to let it pass naturally.
Back on the unit again, she appeared more relaxed than when she had left. She laughed about the incident, stating it wasn't a very good idea. She had a bright affect and could converse easily with staff and peers.
Back in the charting room, Psych Doc jokingly asked me if it was a lithium battery...
I said I didn't know, but would continue to check vital signs and voltage throughout the shift....
Posted by HypnoKitten at 9:45 PM