Tuesday, April 25, 2006

+[Bipolar]--


Our patient swallowed a AA battery from her toothbrush in some sort of suicide attempt and was taken to the ER. Because of a negative reaction to anesthesia, doctors decided to let it pass naturally.

Back on the unit again, she appeared more relaxed than when she had left. She laughed about the incident, stating it wasn't a very good idea. She had a bright affect and could converse easily with staff and peers.

-----

Back in the charting room, Psych Doc jokingly asked me if it was a lithium battery...

I said I didn't know, but would continue to check vital signs and voltage throughout the shift....
Posted by HypnoKitten at 9:45 PM
6 Comments:

Blogger SVN, prn, at 11:50 PM  

Hahahahaha!! score one for you.

Anonymous Kim, at 1:48 AM  

I had no idea the Energizer bunny had mental health issues.... (groan!)

Blogger genderist, at 5:37 PM  

Nice...

Blogger hoosier student nurse, at 11:15 AM  

I'm a new blogger and new nursing student. I'm trying to hook up with as many new nursing friends as possible, especially ones with a sense of humor. Mine fled with Advanced Human Physiology.

Blogger Heeds, at 9:23 PM  

thats hilarious! i like it... bi polar. hehe.

Blogger HypnoKitten, at 10:19 PM  

I actually give all the humor credit to Psych Doc. He is a funny guy, but "lithium battery" was priceless.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link