Sunday, September 24, 2006

Songs

Well, this weekend was a washout for blogging! Good job, as Kim has frequently pointed out, not too many people read blogs on the weekend.

In the meantime, Neonatal Doc has tagged me with the "Songs of the Moment" meme. Some of these aren't terribly current:

1. Snow Patrol, Chasing Cars.
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Apparently this one was on Gray's Anatomy. They've been playing it here a bit, coinciding with a difficult week it seemed to speak volumes.

2. The Martinis, Free.
Omniprescent phrase in my mind
Spoken word I've heard one million times
Who are you to tell me that I'll always be this way
I close my eyes and I turn around
Leave it all behind

Sometimes simple is best.

3. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soul to Squeeze.
I got a bad disease
Up from my brain is where I bleed
Insanity it seems
It's got me by my soul to squeeze


4. Goldenhorse, Dark Forest.
Underground the roots are your hair
And the leaves, leaves are your hair
Behind your changing face

Many times we try
Caught there by the tide
We walked into the light
But we couldn't find her
We didn't find her

Fantastic New Zealand band, do yourself a favour and check these guys out. Off-beat melodic pop.

5. The Muttonbirds, Anchor Me


Another classic from the land of the long white cloud. This is a Don McGlashan song that was covered by a group of artists recently for the anniversary of the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior.

How many was I supposed to do? Bugger it, I'll finish this later. The last of the sun is shining outside!
Posted by PaedsRN at 7:09 PM
5 Comments:

Blogger beajerry, at 8:45 AM  

Sweet tunes!

Blogger overactive-imagination, at 5:24 AM  

Is there a student nurse "nurse blog" button?? Thanks.

Great songs!
Dawn

Blogger HypnoKitten, at 6:22 AM  

Student Nurses (students who are actually in their nursing classes) and pre-req students (who have not yet begun the nursing part of their education) should use the standard "NurseBlog" button. You'll be a nurse soon enough, right? :)

Blogger kate loving shenk, at 7:13 AM  

hello all--

i just discovered your blog!! love it!!

i want to invite you over to my blog--i've put a link there to you--and hope that you put my blog on your page--i think everyone will like it AND find it helpful, as well!!

thanks,

kate loving shenk
http://nursehealers.typepad.com

Blogger MM, at 2:08 PM  

I absolutely LOVE the song by Snow Patrol! Good list :)

Post a Comment