Friday, September 08, 2006

Zipredol

One of our nicer patients (who's still not quite oriented) visited me while I was passing out meds. With a shy smile he asked me if I could get the doc to prescribe "ZIP-red-ol" for him. "You know, that medicine that makes you not hostile".

"You don't seem hostile to me. In fact, you're quite nice."

"Oh, I know, but I've hear it's very good and I don't want to ever get hostile"

I've never heard of Zipredol - I imagine he was combining the names Zyprexa and Risperdal. I wish the patients that needed it the most would want it so badly...

:) Turn up your volume - this clip is a little old and you may have seen it before, but this scene reminded me of it.

Posted by HypnoKitten at 7:45 PM
4 Comments:

Blogger heidi, at 10:07 AM  

hehe, mmmmmprogenitorivox.

Blogger Intelinurse, at 11:15 AM  

That was funny. Where on earth did you come across that clip??

Blogger PaedsRN, at 2:36 PM  

I remember this one :)

It's from JibJab, and if you have a decent broadband connection there's a whole load of other political cartoons there to download. Highly recommended.

Blogger HypnoKitten, at 5:32 PM  

Yep, that's from Jib Jab. If you go directly to their site, you can find a better copy of it, but I thought it was cool that iFilm would let me actually embed it in the blog rather than make you click a link.

I used to listen to that over and over - "If death occurs, discontinue use" and "use of your own judgement when taking progenitorivox is strictly prohibited" are some of my favorite parts. I also like the harmony on "mild electric shock sensations".

They've got one called "This Land" that you've just got to see if you liked this one. The guy who does the voices is spot on! So funny. :)

Post a Comment