Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I Hate My Job

No, not my real job.  I had a clinical shift yesterday, and god it was good.  Today, back in the office, it's been one long climb up Lack Of Motivation Hill.
 
I miss my colleagues.  I had so much fun yesterday, and it was with the simplest of patients that really didn't need a PICU admission.  It was just interacting, teasing, working together on all of our patients, figuring out problems.  Healing the sick, y'know?

PaedsRN: My caffeine is wearing off.

RN1: (Concentrating on changing a feed line.) What?

PaedsRN: I said, my caffeine is wearing off.

RN1: (Thinking she's missed some important clinical statement, moving over to me.) Sorry, I didn't hear you?

PaedsRN: MY CAFFEINE IS WEARING OFF!  NEED MORE CAFFEINE!

It was a fun day.  I want my job back.
 
Posted by PaedsRN at 7:41 PM
0 Comments:

Post a Comment