Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Little Green Doohickeys

It's all very sexy, this business of connectors.

Every part has a male and female end, for example the 22m - 22f straight connector (yes, it really is called straight) which I had to order this afternoon. Only, it turns out I actually needed a 22m - 22m - 22m/15f three-way. Connector. Three-way connector.

That lasted about half an hour, until I realised what I really wanted was a 22f - 22m - 22m/15f three-way. Look, let's just call it a T-piece, ok?



I'm not sure if that's any better.

I also may have set a new personal best today for the fastest inhaled nitric oxide setup at the bedspace of a baby with SpO2 of 40%. Got to beat that time!
Posted by PaedsRN at 8:48 PM
5 Comments:

Blogger heidi, at 10:43 PM  

40%?! yikesies. good thing you're fast!

Blogger Marcia, at 9:41 AM  

Nice work. I hate those pesky sats in the 40s.

P.S. Could I get a link from you all?

Blogger PaedsRN, at 12:07 PM  

Sure Marcia. One of those moments where, "I could've sworn I already did that!" ;)

Blogger Marcia, at 12:24 PM  

Cool, thanks. I thought maybe you just didn't like me.

Blogger genderist, at 3:47 PM  

Why do the things we need have the craziest names? In my office, it's come down to my artistic rendering, pictures of things we need to order, for the admixture tech to figure out what the real names of them are... instead of the "you know, the blue no-no caps, or the yellow sucker machines"...

Post a Comment