Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Turkey Cake and Whiskey Cranberries

Ah - you've found my early post archive! I talked about making a cake in the shape of a turkey, decorated with piped-frosting feathers with large feathers for the tail created by pouring feather-shapes out of chocolate onto skewers and letting them harden then poking them ever-so-gently into the turkey bee-hind region! Sound like a chore? It is! Sound extra-yummy? Heck yeah... the kids especially love walking around nibbling on the tail feathers which can be carried around like lollipops once removed from aforementioned turkey butt. Big hit with my family.

In another post I wrote about brining a turkey - it makes the absolute juiciest turkey you've ever tasted for just a tad bit of forethought and an overnight soak. I didn't soak it in whiskey, although that does sound interesting, but I made a really awesome sauce out of whiskey and cranberries.

I never did get pics of the turkey cake posted. I couldn't make one this year because my kitchen still isn't finished. Some days I'll work hard on it and get a lot done, others I get home from the hospital totally worn out and have no energy left to do more than look at it and sigh. I guess that's also my excuse for not posting.

My sister is coming from Florida mid-December and she'll see the new house for the first time. I'm trying to get the kitchen done prior to that and also paint the livingroom/diningroom. I'm really not that far from finishing if I can just focus a few more days of solid work into it.

It's snowing at the house right now. My daughter had the last few days of school cancelled because of the icy roads and it's looking like tomorrow will be a snow-day too. I just bought a set of studded tires so I'll be sure to get to work - does that count as a tax deduction? :)

Hope tomorrow isn't too bad. When it's bad they don't open the espresso bar...
Posted by HypnoKitten at 9:29 PM
4 Comments:

Blogger PaedsRN, at 6:50 PM  

Forget pictures of the cake, where are the pictures of the HOUSE??? :)

Blogger genderist, at 9:27 PM  

Hey! Your pushing a month without a post!! Hope you're both doing okay! Happy Holiday goodness!!

Blogger Siswanto Muhtasor Muhammad, at 5:59 AM  

hi....how r u, nice to see ur blog...Since long time I already Link ur Blog into my BLOG, If you dont main just visit my BLOG right now...thank you.

Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 AM  

like the whiskey and cranberries...can you post a recipe?

Post a Comment